Making sales on line is not always as easy as it looks. Not only do you need a high quality website, you also need this website to reach the right people. And even then, there’s no guarantee that they will choose to purchase your items. But you can increase the chances with high quality web design that is focused on the small features, as well as the bigger picture. In this competitive market, with giants like Amazon and eBay looming overhead, your web design is critical. You need to use this to build trust, generate interest and ultimately, drive sales. So what are the important but small design techniques for eCommerce success? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we build websites specifically tailored to the requirements of companies and businesses across Manchester and the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley. We provide the perfect web design solutions for clients in all areas of business and industry. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about designing for eCommerce success.
E-Commerce design features
For any website looking to make sales online, there are some web design features that are absolutely essential. These include:
- Clear call to action buttons
- High quality, professional imagery
- Responsive design
- Client or customer reviews
- Simple checkout process
- Typography that suits the company branding
- Overall effective layout
But while all these things might make an eCommerce website, they won’t set you apart. These re just the general features that each eCommerce site must provide. So what can you do to make sure that you company website stands out?
What are the small design techniques for eCommerce success?
It’s the small design features that often overlooked, or not even noticed at all, that will really help your company increase sales online. These small design features include:
- Interactive control for product images- being able to navigate through a series of photos is great, but boring. Give your website users and potential customers an exciting, interactive experience instead. A simple zoom option can be welcomed, with the ability to look in closer detail at specific product features. Alternatively, 360 degree imagery can be even more effective. This is something that will capture the attention of your potential customers, and help set your company website apart from those of your competitors.
- Positive feedback for your users- when your users click on any link on your website, however short the load time, you should be providing positive feedback so that they know their request is being processed. This can be in the form of a small loading animation, or a simply change of colour for the followed link or button. No where is this more important than when putting products in the virtual shopping cart, or starting the checkout process. In fact, up to 80% of all eCommerce sales are left abandoned in the shopping cart, or during the checkout process. Providing clear feedback, as well as simple and clear checkout forms for users, can go a long way towards preventing this, and reducing the risk for your company.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.