Building trust is an important part of any business strategy, as without this, your potential customers or clients may not feel comfortable handing over their hard earned cash. But adding trust factors to every website page can help. So what are trust factors and how can you include them in your web design? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with companies in a range of industries, across Manchester and the surrounding region, including Wigan and Southport, to deliver high quality web design solutions that really get results. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about trust factors in web design.
What are trust factors?
Trust factors in web design are the things that your first time customers will frequently look for when loading your website. These include:
- Contact information including a physical address
- Returns and shipping options for eCommerce sites
- Reviews and testimonials
If you can successfully and effectively include these in your website, you could see a rise in conversions, and satisfied customers.
How to use trust factors on each website page
To build trust and a positive relationship with your potential customers and clients, you need to try to display these trust factors on every page of your website. You could consider:
- Using icons in the header- header icons and phrases that display your phone number or email address, business hours, free shipping and returns details can be very beneficial in the header of the page. This is because the header is most likely to be noticed first by your website users, and this will help to build trust almost instantly.
- Footer details- while you can’t fit a great amount of detail or information in your header, you can include this in the footer of each page. By scrolling down to the bottom of the page, your website users should be able to see your contact details in full, including a map of your physical address. You can also include more information or links to your policies and terms and conditions here as well.
- Review site links- reviews and testimonials are crucial for driving sales and sign ups. But while you can include these effectively as part of your product or services pages, a link to a third party site can be more effective for other pages of your website. When you link to a third part site like TrustPilot, you show your website users unbiased review information, which helps build trust further. This link should be an icon at the top of each page.
What are the advantages of adding trust factors to every website page?
There are a number of advantages to using trust factors on every page of your website. The benefits include:
- Creating a positive user experience- you know your website users and potential customers or clients will want to see this information, so by displaying this clearly on each page that they might land on, you can ensure a positive user experience.
- Increasing sales or bookings- whether you are selling products or services through your website, you will notice an increase in sales or bookings if you successfully build trust with your website users. And a big part of this is meeting the trust factors that they expect to see.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.