Purposeful animation is described as a piece of animation that is entered to serve add value and purpose to the user, not to the design of the website. So what does this mean? And how can you achieve both outcomes? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies and businesses across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. And we have produced this guide to everything you should know about purposeful animation.
Using purposeful animation on the landing page
Adding purposeful animation to your landing page involves creating an animation sequence that can be used to serve a significant purpose. Where moving images can be more helpful to the user than block text, or plain images. This could involve:
- Interactive step by step visuals- If your service or products have multiple steps or uses, an animated interactive element can show these different steps in detail, while being controlled by the user. This is more effective than simple, passive video content, as users can switch from one detail or instruction to the next, in their own pace.
- Guiding animation- guiding animation is very popular when used above the fold. This is a type of animation that involves using illustrated content relevant to your company or products, that is designed to guide the users eye to a call to action button. This can help to increase conversions and click-throughs, while helping users see what they need to interact with.
- 3D product animations- if your website is an eCommerce site, you could use 3D product animations, using real imagery to draw the users attention and provide the best possible visuals of your key products.
What are the advantages of purposeful animation for your landing page?
Creating purposeful, useful animation can bring a range of advantages, including:
- Improving the user experience- your website is designed for users, more than for visual appeal. So providing content that can help your users, guide your users, and inform your users is crucial. With purposeful animation content you can do all three of these things, while also improving the visual appeal of your landing page.
- Grabbing attention- moving imagery will always capture more attention than still images and text. Animation that is purposeful can be used to grab attention, but the aim is to use this to guide user attention to particular pieces of content, like the call to action button. This can help to increase click throughs and sales.
- Contemporary design- purposeful animation is a key part of contemporary design, and this can show a particular branding style to your consumers, building trust and consumer connection.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.