When it comes to web design, there are different trends and expectations that change throughout the year. But websites designed for a positive user experience (UX) are always more successful and effective than others. So whichever type of web design you opt for, or trend you follow, UX should be at the centre of your plans and design. As part of this, you will need to consider the users time, and how best you can provide what your users need, in as little time as possible. This is known as time saving web design. So how does this relate to UX? And how can your web design help your users save time, while having a full and successful browsing experience? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. From Wigan to Southport, we work with companies across Manchester and the surrounding region to deliver high quality web design solutions that really get results. As a result, we have produced this guide to time saving web design and UX.
What is time saving web design?
Time saving web design involves using web design techniques, strategies and patterns that are designed to help your users find what they need, or complete a task, as fast as possible. And this is all down to changes in the way that we as a society use technology.
The majority of people browsing the internet are using mobile devices, not laptops or desktops. This means that people in general are browsing the internet more frequently when they are out and about, in a rush, or in the middle of other tasks. As a result, they don’t have the same amount of time, focus or effort to find the information they need. Instead, they expect to see what they are looking for almost immediately.
What does time saving web design involve?
Designing your website to help users save time is not as difficult as you might think. It involves:
- Identifying what your users are most likely looking for, and designing around this. This will differ between types of website. For example, eCommerce companies might need to help users locate products immediately, while service providers will want to ensure that contact details and methods are front and centre.
- Making sure your website has a fast loading time. Nobody wants to be left waiting.
- Simplifying the form filling procedure for contacting your team or buying from your website
- Using a categorized, comprehensive navigation menu
- Removing unnecessary elements from your web pages to give a minimalist feel
Time saving web design and UX
Making it easier to find information, and making it easier for users and potential customers to have a positive outcome in general, is something that time saving web design provides. And providing a positive user experience is all about meeting user requirements. This means that the easier your website is to use, the better the user experience in general.
For more information or for professional web design support, contact the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.