Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design and web marketing experts. We provide stunning web design solutions for companies and businesses across Manchester, and the North West, including Southport and Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the advantages of 3D imagery above the fold.
What are the advantages of 3D imagery above the fold?
There are a number of benefits and advantages to using 3D imagery above the fold. These advantages include:
- Attracting attention- images that really stand out from the page and give a 3D view to the content are a great way to really grab the interest of your website users, and potential customers and clients, right from the start.
- Make scenery images more interesting- many companies and businesses are using imagery of dramatic scenery and landscapes above the fold. But adding a 3D twist to this, with a focal feature in the foreground and background for example, can add depth and interest to the above the fold content. Not only does this cause many of your users and potential customers and clients to slow down and pause, it also means that they will be more likely to look at the detail of your website, instead of just skimming over this.
- Stunning product imagery- product imagery is an essential component for any eCommerce website, as it is on this imagery that your potential customers will base their opinions of the quality and usefulness of your product, as well as the desirability. The better the image therefore, the better impression you can create. A 3D image allows the website user to view the product in a realistic and highly detailed way from at least one angle. Interactive 3D images can clearly be more effective, as the interactive element allows the product image to be rotated to all different angles. This provides more visual information for your website users and can be a good way to build trust.
- Flexible design- 3D imagery can be created to a high standard with a range of different imagery styles and designs, including professional high quality photography, as well as animated and illustrated images. This provides full flexibility for your website, and you can choose the imagery style that most suits your company branding and persona, so that you can create the perfect website for your business.
Considerations for 3D imagery above the fold
When using 3D imagery above the fold, you will need to consider:
- Interactivity- 3D interactive imagery allows users to rotate the image and see this from a number of different angles. When using this method, you will need to fully test this in a range of situations and for a whole range of devices. You don’t want your above the fold imagery to ruin the whole website experience for mobile users, which is a very real risk.
- The best positioning for product imagery- even using standard 3D imagery can come with some considerations. Positioning of the product within the image is one important choice for eCommerce companies. You need to use this imagery to provide the best possible view of your product, and this can take some trial and error.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.