Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about using hero imagery on your landing page.
What is a hero image?
First of all, what is a hero image? Well, a hero image is a large image that is used to fit almost the entire area of your above the fold content. This is the part of your landing page that can be seen when it first loads, before the user scrolls or interacts with your website. This is a very visual way to fill the content, and it can be very effective.
Considerations for using hero imagery on your landing page
To make sure that you get the best results from your landing page hero image, you should consider:
- The image quality-make sure you choose a high quality image that will reflect your company in a positive light. Because the image is so large on screen, you will need to use an image that will not go grainy or out of focus.
- The colour of the image- choose an image that fits in with your colour scheme and doesn’t contrast with the rest of your design choices
- The text- if you are overlaying text on top of your hero image, make sure that this text is easy to read
What are the advantages of using hero imagery for your landing page?
There are many advantages to choosing a hero image for your above the fold content, on any landing page. These advantages include:
- Attracting attention- when users land on your website, you need to grab their attention immediately. And a good quality hero image can help you to achieve this. Users are then more likely to scroll through your landing page, and spend more time on your website. Which can lead to more sales.
- Brand identity- You can use a hero image to make a statement about your company or brand. Whether you want to show off your company personality, or you want to show what your company is all about, a hero image can be the perfect choice.
- Stunning design- Choosing a top quality image can really help to make your web design stand out and look great. Which can make your company more memorable to website visitors, who will be more likely to visit again.
- Boost sales- You can use your hero image to help your website boost sales. Simply use a good call to action button on your hero image, and you can help direct users through the purchasing or signing up process.
For more information or advice, get in touch with Manchester’s leading experts, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.