The background of your website is probably one of the first places to start when thinking about colour schemes, styling and web design overall. This is the image, illustration, or colour that will tie all your pages together, and provide the canvas for the rest of the content. As a result, choosing an effective background is extremely important if you really want to get the most out of your website, and secure the most sales or sign ups. So how do you know what to choose? And how can you tell the most effective options? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design and web marketing experts. We work across
Manchester, and the North West, including Southport and Wigan , to provide stunning web design solutions for companies and businesses. As a result, we have produced this guide to effective background design choices for your website.
Effective background design choices for your website
To make sure you choose a background option that will be effective for your website, you should consider:
- Your target audience- what type of colours and images would be appealing to your potential customers? How can you blend these in the background of the web design?
- Colour schemes- if your company already had a colour scheme, you should either opt for one of these colours, or use a plainer, complementary colour to bring out your company colours and provide a blank canvas.
- Your brand persona– fun or serious, quirky or solemn, your brand persona is central to making the right decisions for your web design on the whole. In terms of the background, you need to choose an option that will suit your brands persona and your company character.
- Keeping it updated- once you’ve created the most suitable background, its easy to think the job is complete. But you really should stay on top of trends and developments, and use this to keep updating your whole web design, including your background.
Background design choices for your website
So what kind of options are available for the background of your website? Well, there are a variety of tried and tested methods that could suit your company or business. These include:
- Flat colour- one of the most popular background options is just a simple flat colour. This colour is designed to act as a blank canvas for the images of your products or services, and this can be incredibly useful for drawing attention to these key features.
- Illustration- over the past year, illustration has become more popular for the background designs of websites. The illustrated features add a quirky, playful and interesting element to a website, but even banking companies have been able to use this to their advantage. So serious and solemn brand personas can also use illustration effectively.
- Colour gradients- instead of a single flat colour, colour gradients blend one colour into another. These can be very effective when you choose two shades of the same colour, e.g. blue fading out to light blue, or when you choose two colours that are very close together on the spectrum, blue and green for example.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.