Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work with companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area, including Wigan and Southport, to provide web design solutions that can help businesses grow. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the advantages of animated call to action buttons.
What are the different options for animated call to action buttons?
If you want to create animated call to action buttons, there are a number of different options that can be very effective. These include:
- Creating an animated fill- for larger call to action buttons, an animated fill is like an animated background for the button itself. This can be subtle and soothing, with a flowing colour effect, or it can use illustrated elements, or moving background shapes for a more bold visual effect. Whichever option you choose, you will need to make sure that the overlaid call to action text is easy to read on all screen sizes and devices.
- Animated floating styles- alternatively you could opt to animate the whole of your call to action button. Floating style animations are very popular, as these are more subtle than others, and can fit effectively with a range of design styles and choices. In effect, a floating call to action button will move around slowly, in a somewhat circular motion, on the spot. This creates the effect of floating, and draws the user eye to the call to action button immediately.
- Animating the text- finally, you could consider animating the text within the call to action button. This is the least popular of all the options, as it can be very difficult to achieve an effective animation result, while keeping the text legible on all devices.
What are the advantages of animated call to action buttons?
There are a number of advantages to choosing to animate your call to action buttons. These advantages include:
- Directing the user attention- your website users can be easily distracted, and most of them will be using your website, while also carrying out another task at the same time, either physically, or digitally. For this reason, your website needs to grab their attention and interest immediately, and keep this. With animated effects you can be sure to direct attention to the call to action button, and generate more click throughs, and potentially sales as well.
- Providing visual feedback- if you opt to animate your call to action button in response to an interaction from a potential customer, this can be very beneficial as part of the user experience. The after click animation shows immediate visual feedback to the user, so that they know their interaction has been received, and is being processed. This helps to prevent user confusion and also results in fewer repeated clicks.
- Company persona- the animation choice you make for the call to action button can help to establish your company persona, and ensure that your company branding will be recognized and remembered. This can help ensure repeat business, as your customers or clients remember your website in the future.
For more information or for professional web design support, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.