Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with companies in a range of industries, across Manchester and the surrounding region, including Wigan and Southport, to deliver high quality web design solutions that really get results. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about using bold scripts in web design.
What are bold script fonts?
Script fonts in general are fonts that look like calligraphy or stylized handwriting. These can be very effective for breaking up the visual imagery involved in any web design, and adding a unique, personalized appearance. Bold script fonts are a specific type of script font that are in bold. This means that they are typically darker and wider than other script fonts. So why is this useful?
What are the advantages of bold script fonts?
There are several benefits to using bold script style fonts. These include:
- Emphasizing company branding- using any type of script font is a good way to emphasize company branding and establish a brand identity. This is because script fonts tend to have more personality and flair than other font types that are more standard. Script fonts can also be entirely unique for your company or business, which will set you apart from your competitors and make your branding completely different.
- Easier to read- one of the biggest problems with any script font is that this can be difficult to read on smaller devices and platforms like mobile phones. This is because the flourishes between letters can be quite elaborate and to fit this onto a smaller screen size, the letters can lose definition. With a bold script font, this is not the case, as each letter takes up more physical space, with a larger outline,and so remains well defined across different platforms.
- Flexible design- with larger, bolder script fonts, there are more options for flexible colour uses and designs, including outline text, and colour gradients. This can help you typography grab even more attention and really stand out, creating a clear design feature.
What are the considerations for using bold script fonts effectively?
There are a number of considerations to bear in mind to make sure that you get the most from your bold script fonts. These include:
- Ensuring the right font sizing- the sizing of the font and typography can be important for legibility and ensuring that the content can be easy to read across all devices and screen sizes.
- Colour combinations- its important to choose the right colour combinations to allow your typography and font to stand out and generate interest, as well as to emphasise your company branding.
- Contrast- its important for your bold script typography to have enough contrast with the background so that this can stand out from the page and be more noticeable.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.