Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design and web marketing experts. We work with companies and businesses across the North West, from Southport to Wigan, to provide effective, and successful web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about kinetic typography in web design.
What is kinetic typography?
Kinetic typography basically means moving text. This is a style of animating text, including whole words, sentences or simply individual letters, to create movement and motion that has a strong influence from natural kinetic energy, like liquid effects, or rolling effects. So what are the benefits of this style of typography animation for your website?
What are the advantages of kinetic typography in web design?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to using kinetic typography in web design. These advantages include:
- Flexible design style– one of the biggest advantages to using kinetic typography in web design is the fact that this is suitable for a wide range of websites, colour schemes and design styles. This is because the pace of the animation, the movement style, the lettering and the font can all be determined individually, so that you can achieve the perfect visual result for your website, and your company branding.
- Unique personalization- the level of customization involved with creating the perfect kinetic typography means that its highly unlikely for your website to look the same as another. In fact, you can be sure that your website will stand out from the crowd, and help to define your company online. This has the added benefit of increasing brand recognition, and making sure that your potential customers and clients remember your website for when they need your products or services next.
- Attracting attention- as with any style of animation used to bring motion to text or typography, kinetic typography can be a great way to attract attention to your website. Using this above the fold for title or heading text can help to ensure that your website users pause and pay attention to the content here, instead of scrolling past instantly. This also means that your potential customers or clients may be more inclined to pay closer attention to the detail of content around your website.
What are the considerations for using kinetic typography in web design?
To get the most out of your kinetic typography, there are a couple of things you should bear in mind. These include:
- Company branding- the type of animation style you choose, as well as the typography in general, should be determined by your company branding. If your brand is serious and solemn, a more subtle animation style might be a good idea, while for quirky brands, a funky, colourful animation style can be a good fit. Whatever your branding, there is a kinetic animation style that can be suitable.
- Above the fold- generally, kinetic animation should be a focal feature of your website, and for this reason, it should be used above the fold as a unique visual addition, and not throughout the content, where the effect can be overwhelming.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.