Illustration, graphic design and animation are all key features for any website. Especially for above the fold content where you need to grab the attention of the user, and draw them into your website. But line drawing or illustration can also be a successful and effective choice for many companies across a range of business sectors. So what are the advantages of line illustration in web design? And how can you use this to increase sales, signups and bookings online? Well here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work across Manchester and the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley to provide the perfect web design solutions tailored to your businesses requirements. And this is our guide to everything you should know about using line illustration in web design.
What is line illustration?
Line illustration is a specific style of illustration that relies on colour and line to create stunning designs and illustrations. These can be perfect for:
- icon design
- header content
- hero content
- decorative illustration
What are the benefits of using line illustration in web design?
So why should you use this style of illustration? Well, line illustration can be particularly effective in web design for a number of reasons, including:
- Fully flexible design style- line illustration can be used to suit all manner of websites and companies with a range of branding styles and company personas. So whether your style is serious and solemn or quirky and fun, you can make use of this design style effectively.
- Add personality to your website- following on from this, line illustration is the perfect way to add your own personality and character to the website, and really create impressionable, meaningful visual content to connect to your potential customers.
- Simplicity is key- with minimalist and simple design styles being increasingly popular and prevalent across the internet, it’s no real surprise that line illustration is also growing in popularity. Line drawings simply use line and colour to create images that can be as detailed or simple as you want, depending on your style. And this can add to the feeling of minimalism on your website. It also means that while your illustration captures attention, it doesn’t detract from the main message or written content on the screen.
- Combining styles- line illustration is also a really versatile style of illustration in that it can be used effectively in conjunction with other styles of visual imagery, including photographs and animation. As a result, you can combine styles to suit your company persona, and really develop something that is unique and effective.
- Controlling user gaze- in web design, it can be really beneficial to be able to direct user attention to specific areas, or control their gaze. This can be achieved with line drawing and design fairly easily, because of the boldness of the lines and the line direction.
For more information, or for professional web design support, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.