Designing top quality online forms is crucial for any company or business, especially for ensuring purchases, bookings and sign ups. But how can you ensure that your form will be truly effective? Well, as Manchester’s leading web design professionals, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the benefits of designing great online forms, and how to create them.
What are the considerations for designing an effective form for your website?
To make sure your form will perform will, you should consider:
- Removing unnecessary fields or boxes- these can be overwhelming for your website users, so instead you should consider only collecting the most important data. For example, for a mailing list, this might only be the email address of a website user.
- Error capture- if your users make a mistake, or forget to fill in a field, you should let them know. This will make the process easier for them, and as a result, they could be more likely to persevere with the process, instead of abandoning it.
- Style- your form should be designed with the same quality and style as the rest of your website. This includes the shape of the entry fields, the colour scheme, the imagery and the typography used.
Advantages of well designed forms
So, what are the advantages of designing forms in this way? Well, there are several, including:
- Building trust- when users fill in your forms, they are trusting your company with their data. So, how do they know they can trust your company? Well, this is where the design becomes pivotal. A well designed form, that matches the website, indicates that the website can be trusted, and is professional. And this means that more of your website users will be likely to sign up, and take a leap of faith.
- Increase sales and sign ups- by improving on the design of your website forms, you could see an increase in sales and sign ups. Simply by making the whole process easier, and the forms easier to complete, more people will be likely to sign up. As a consequence, you could increase your company profits.
- Positive user experience- if your website users want to sign up, but they are met by endless entry fields, boxes or questions, they might become overwhelmed or fed up with the process. And this will lead to a higher rate of website abandonment. In contrast, a well design website form will help to provide a positive user experience, which could again increase sales and company profits.
For more information or advice about professional web design solutions for your company, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.