Web design can help your company or business grow. From increasing awareness around your company, to providing a new way for you to make sales and sign ups, a company website is a key part of any successful business plan. But creating a website itself isn’t enough. You will need to make sure your website is stylish, attractive, and also practical. You need to give your potential customers the best possible impression of your company, and this happens when you present the best image. One way to do this is with minimalist design. But what is minimalist web design? And how could your company benefit from using this design technique? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design and web marketing experts. We work with companies and businesses across the North West, from Southport to Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to the benefits of minimalist web design.
Minimalist web design
So what exactly is minimalist web design? Well minimalism is all about getting rid of anything that is unnecessary. So in web design, this means removing anything that is not helpful or beneficial to the user. And keeping the amount of content on the screen to a minimum. This can be incredibly beneficial for your potential customers, and ultimately, your success online. So what are these benefits?
Benefits of minimalist web design
Keeping the amount of information on the screen to a minimum is effective for your users because:
- it provides a positive user experience- users want to get the information and details they need in as little time as possible. By decreasing the amount of content on the screen, at any one time, you can make it easier for this information to be seen by potential customers.
- makes consumer trust easier- a website that uses minimalist design tends to look more professional, than a website that is overly cluttered. This professional image will make it easier for potential customers to put their trust in your company and make a purchase, or sign up. And they won’t have to think too hard about the decision either.
In addition, the benefits of minimalist web design for a company or business include:
- concentrating focus on what users want- although this might take more planning and research, as well as development, the extra time you spend will be very beneficial for your company. Knowing what users want, and more importantly, providing this, leads to an increase in conversions and more satisfied customers.
- Increasing sales- a minimalist design focuses on what the users want. And this leads to nothing but positive results, including ultimately, your sales figures.
Tips for minimalist web design
So how can you secure these benefits with a minimalist design? Well, here are our top tips:
- stick to one or two features per screen – as the user scrolls down the page, subtly change the colours and elements so that each features sits within its own space. This makes it easier to focus on, and your users wont be tempted to skip through without paying attention.
- whitespace is your friend- use more whitespace to accentuate those gaps and increase the attention you can draw to the features or key elements.
- write big- increase the size of your text by one or two sizes. This will make the text stand out and be more obvious. But it will also help to keep drawing users attention down the screen.
For more information about professional web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.