One of the web design trends that tends to be cyclical in nature, reappearing and disappearing again, is the space themed website. Dark colours, pinpoints of contrast colour, and circular elements set this web design theme apart from the others. And with a recent resurgence in space themes, we thought it would be a great time to have a look at the considerations for space themed web design. So, what makes a space themed design work well? And how can you capitalize on this for your company website? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We create stunning web design solutions, for businesses and companies across the North West. This includes Southport and Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about effective, space themed web design.
Why choose a space themed website?
So, first of all, why would you decide to create a space themed website? Well, there are a number of advantages to using this theme, including:
- Lots of dark colours. Websites are often created with light, bright colours to accentuate space and minimal design. Using a space theme for your web design allows you to create something stylish, but also something different to the rest of the websites on offer. This makes your website more memorable, and more visually effective for potential customers.
- Suits a range of styles. A space themed website can still be minimalist in design, or use a grid layout or a split screen zig-zag. This theme is versatile and flexible and can be applied to any website layout or design.
What are the key considerations for space themed web design?
Designing a space themed website can bring a range of advantages. But only when this is completed with the user expectations, and the user experience in mind. A space themed website can be difficult to design effectively, and so you should consider:
- Increasing the negative space. A space themed website often uses dark colours, like deep blue, purple or even black. And this can be visually striking. But you should be sure to increase the negative space around elements to ensure that these stand out, and to make sure your elements don’t look squashed together. Dark colours naturally minimize distance.
- Increasing the size of the font. Because your text will be surrounded by dark colours, you should increase the size of the text so that it is easier to read on all screen sizes.
- Consider the icons and illustrations. For a space themed website, you should consider using icons that relate to the theme, and perhaps even custom illustrations. These can also help you add visual interest and personality to your web design, setting you apart from competitors.
- Using contrast colours. Space is full of dark and light contrast. Make use of this by using light bright colours for fonts and points of key interest, like call to action buttons. This can ensure that your key information is noticeable and easy to read.
For more information or for professional web design support, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.