Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work with companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area, including Wigan and Southport, to provide web design solutions that can help businesses grow. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about increasing user interaction on your website.
Understanding user interaction
Before you look at simple ways to increase engagement and interaction on your website, you should first consider what is going wrong. Why not consider:
- Collecting some data to find out what your users are looking at on your website, and why they are not interacting
- Researching your audience more thoroughly, perhaps developing audience personas, to make sure your content, and your web design, is suitable for, and appealing to, your users.
- Researching the techniques and methods used by other, similar companies.
Once you know what the potential issue is, you can rectify this easily. However, it’s not always so clear cut. Often there is no clear issue at all. And this is where web design, and redesign, will be useful.
What are the different options for increasing user interaction on your website?
So how can redesigning your website help to improve user interaction? Well there are several ways, and these include:
- Adding testimonial content- people are much likely to trust in your company or business, if other people share positive reviews of their experience with your products or services, or company as a whole. As a result, adding testimonial content to your website, and a link to an unbiased, third party review website, like Trust Pilot, can help to build this trust, and encourage website users to interact with your content.
- Altering call to action buttons- if you want people to click on your call to action, you need to make it unmissable. A larger button or box can be very effective at taking up more space on the page. Changing the colour, the shape, and the text on the box can have a big influence too. The physical properties can all be used to create a contrast with the rest of the page, while the text can be used to persuade, or motivate action.
- Reducing visual clutter- too many elements or features in one space can overwhelm users, while also crowding the important information off the page completely. To increase user engagement and interaction, simplify your web design, and reduce the distractions. Especially around text and important links or buttons.
- Creating stunning visual effects- use high quality images to create stunning visuals across your website. Images are much easier to process than blocks of text, and your users will be more likely to engage with a website that looks professional, stylish and visual. If you offer products or services, make sure these are represented with professional imagery, to persuade your users to sign up or purchase.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.