Sending emails out to your customers, or potential customers, is known as email marketing or direct marketing. And many companies or businesses encourage website users to sign up to the marketing list, in exchange for a time limited discount, or free resource. This can be a great way to build a list of people to directly advertise too. But who really reads marketing emails? And how can you make sure your emails wont get sent to the spam folder? Well, there are a number of email design tricks that you can use, to be sure of securing results. And here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts, and we provide high quality, effective, web design solutions for a range of local companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area. This includes Blackburn and Stockport. As a result, we have produced this guide to effective email marketing design.
Effective email marketing design
Creating emails that your users will want to read is all about the design. There are many key features you should consider. These include:
- The branding- Any content you use online should be clearly branded with your company colours, as well as the company name and logo. This will help your audience remember your company, but also connect different pieces of content back to your business or website. As a result, they are more likely to pay attention to your emails, because they enjoyed your company website.
- The layout- Your email marketing layout should emphasize the minimalist approach. This is because it needs to be quick and easy to scan through, without lots of different distractions. Deciding what key feature in particular you want to advertise with your email content is a good way to plan your email design, as everything should be based around this.
- The visuals- imagery is what will grab your audiences attention, and make them pay attention. Use stunning, high quality images to add visual interest to your email, but make sure that these are compressed, so that they load instantly.
Branding your email marketing
To make sure your emails are securely tied to your brand, you should consider:
- including the logo in the same position for all emails, week in, week out. This should be in a prominent position so that your audience sees this first, before anything else.
- Using company colours for the background and key pieces of information
Choosing a layout for your email can be complicated. But here are some tried and tested options:
- the inverted triangle- this layout positions heading text and images at the top, along the widest part of the triangle, before reducing to a single point, with a bold call to action button. This draws the viewers eye down towards the button, and can improve click through rates.
- the zig zag- a zig zag pattern can help to keep the readers eye on one feature at a time, and can also encourage them to keep scrolling to find out more.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.