As we move into 2019, responsive web design is going to become absolutely essential. With the introduction of the mobile first algorithm in 2018, Google is well on it’s way to making sure that the websites shown at the top of the search on mobile devices, are websites that are fully optimised and accessible on mobile devices. This means that if your company wants to stay at the number one spot, it needs to have a perfect mobile website, not just a desktop version. The best way to do this, is to create one responsive website. But how will you know that your responsive design is effective? And how can you design a responsive website that will meet all of your requirements? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design and web marketing experts. We provide stunning web design solutions for companies and businesses across Manchester, and the North West, including Southport and Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to effective responsive design strategies for 2019.
Why choose responsive web design?
Responsive design is all about providing the best possible user experience. In the past, users accessing a website on a mobile device would have encountered a range of problems, including:
- being unable to see some of the text or content on the screen
- text too small to read
- images to big to fit the screen size
- impossible menus with tiny buttons
As you can see, this is not the ideal situation when you want your website to be making sales or sign ups. How can your customers make a purchase, when they cant access your website properly? So, that’s why responsive design has become so important, and will continue to be pivotal throughout 2019.
Effective responsive design strategies for 2019
So how can you make sure that your website is designed responsibly, and effectively, to respond suitably to different screen sizes, orientations and resolutions? Well, here are some helpful tips for effective responsive design strategies:
- Cut out the clutter- removing all the visual distractions on your website is a good way to make sure that just the key points are left to focus on. The call to action, the images, and the headings should really jump out of the page, but if there is too much to see at once, consumers will get overwhelmed. On a mobile device, this can be extremely off-putting. So cut out the clutter, and stick to a minimalist design.
- Keep text legible- mobile screens are much smaller than other screens, which means that your text will also appear smaller than expected. If you use a lot of unique fonts, and serif fonts, you can expect that on a mobile device, your text will be difficult to read. To keep things simple, stick to a plain, easy to read font. That way your users will not need to struggle to understand your message.
- Use large, clear buttons and links- On a mobile device, links and buttons can be hard to click on due to the small size of the screen. To make this easier, make sure your buttons are a large size, and are obvious.
For more information or advice about the considerations for responsive web design, or any other web design query, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.