When designing a website its easy to get caught up in the visuals. Stunning imagery, interesting font, and an effective layout, are some of the key features of a good website. But while you are busy creating an attractive website, it can be easy to lose sight of what’s really important. And that is, the potential customers themselves. They should be at the centre of any web design, as these are the people you are aiming to impress. Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design and web marketing experts. We work across Manchester, and the North West, including Southport and Wigan , to provide stunning web design solutions for companies and businesses. As a result, we have produced this guide to creating a human centred website.
Creating a human centred website
So when thinking about you website visitors, and your potential customers, how can you put their needs and requirements at the centre of your web design? Well, here are some tips for creating a human centred website:
- Make your website quick to load, easy to navigate, and simple to use. This will help your users have a better user experience with your website. Also, it will help to prevent them from becoming bored or frustrated, and using a different website instead. Keeping eyes on your page, and respecting your website visitors time is crucial for success online.
- Make sure any errors are captured and highlighted when users are completing forms. Even when you make your form as straight forward as possible, people will still make errors. And if you don’t show them where they went wrong, they can struggle to spot the mistake themselves. This means they can presume there is a problem with your website when their request doesn’t go through. So to keep things simple for the user, always include error capture, and use as many drop down boxes for forms as possible.
- Make sure your instructions are easy to follow and simple to understand. Use visual clues and easy to understand language to help your potential customers understand how your services or products work, or how they can sign up. Videos and animated walk throughs can also be a really helpful tool for the users of your website. While you might think something is easy to understand, the steps can usually always be made simpler.
Advantages of creating a human centred website
So, why should you think about the users at every step of your web design process? And what are the advantages of creating a human centred website? Well, there are several, including:
- increases in sales and sign ups- this is the top priority for many companies and business. And considering the needs and requirements of your users, and putting the humans at the centre of the web design, is a great way to achieve this.
- better user experience leads to better reviews- word of mouth is important for any business. And if someone finds your website easy to use and easy to sign up to, they are more likely to recommend your website and your company to others.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.