Over the past few years there has been a dramatic rise in automation when responding to potential customers and clients, as well as the development of chat-bots. But for 2021, a new trend seems to be on the rise. This involves bringing a more human touch back to webdesign, and building connections by offering real support from real people. And this translates directly into the website design too, with a bigger focus on building human connection. But how can a website achieve this? And what are the advantages of this approach, for your company? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. From Wigan to Southport, we work with companies across Manchester and the North West to deliver stunning web design solutions that can help to transform businesses. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should about human connection and web design.
So, how can websites build a human connection?
There are a number of different ways that websites can be developed to build a human connection. These include:
- Using human imagery- Invest in professional imagery of real people to capture the attention and interest of your website users, as soon as your website loads. These should be positioned above the fold, to have the biggest impact, but can also be incredibly useful for contact or support pages too. But random imagery of people won’t be anywhere near as effective as emotive imagery. This is imagery of people that invokes an emotional response from your audience. Whether that is interest and intrigue, curiosity or happiness, there are a wide range of options available to suit your company and branding.
- Using testimonial content- When building a connection with the people viewing your website, you could improve the chances of this by adding testimonial content. Real and honest testimonials from your previous customers, will really help your potential customers relate to their experiences and trust their judgement.
- Using professional video content- Video content allows your potential customers and clients to see the real people invovled int he company, at a range of levels. This can be used effectively to build a connection in a range of ways, including company story videos, client testimonials, or even just behind the scenes content. But for the best results, your video content needs to be real and genuine, to help potential customers really connect with you.
What are the advantages of creating a website to build a human connection?
There are a number of advantages to this style of web design, including:
- Increasing the number of sales or sign ups- if your website users feel connected to your company or brand, because of your website, they are much more likely to purchase your products or sign up to your services. This means that taking this approach to web design could increase your profits, and allow your business to grow.
- Building trust- if your website shows off the team behind the company, and uses video content to talk about company goals and aims, people will find that your message really resonates with them. And if they like you, they will find it much easier to trust in your company.
For more information about social media and it’s role in professional web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.