Illustrated features in web design can be a great option, no matter what industry your business or company is part of. These can be designed to give the right edge to your website, and can help to define your company branding. But what about geometric illustration? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. From Wigan to Southport, we work with companies across Manchester and the North West to deliver stunning web design solutions that can help to transform businesses. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about geometric illustration in web design.
What is geometric illustration?
Geometric illustration is a technique used effectively across a range of websites, from a variety of industry sectors. This involves using illustrated design of shapes and geometric patterns. This can be used for a range of purposes, including:
- Illustrated geometric backgrounds- geometric backgrounds are popular with a range of businesses for a variety of reasons, but illustrated geometric designs can be the pinnacle of this design trend. with illustrated geometric design, you can be sure of a unique website suitable for your company branding.
- Illustrated geometric content above the fold- using geometric content that has been illustrated in the style or design unique to your brand, above the fold, can be fantastic hero content.
- Illustrated geometric typography- You can also use geometric illustration for your typography, either by using this as a fill or underlay for your outline font, or by creating your own typography using geometric shapes.
What are the advantages of geometric illustration in web design?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to using geometric illustration in web design. These include:
- Grabbing attention- illustrated web design features often grab more attention than others because of the uniqueness of the design and the contrast to other similar websites. This captures the interest and intrigue of your website users, and potential customers and clients, right from the start. When used abve the fold, this can be a great way to draw users in, and keep their focus and attention for longer.
- Creating contrast- illustrated geometric patterns can help to create areas of contrast through colour, shading, or texture. This will usually be subtle, but it can be used very effectively for directing the attention and the gaze of the website user, or potential customer or client, to an important ares of the website. And this can ultimately result in an increase of click throughs and sign ups.
- Company branding- because illustrated design features are created just for your brand, you can be sure to set the right tone, and define your company and brand accurately.
For more information about social media and it’s role in professional web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.