Designing a high quality website is a great way to increase brand recognition and build your audience. But the main purpose of any website is generally to increase sales, bookings, or sign ups, depending on your industry. And using persuasive web design is essential for this to be successful. so why is persuasive web design important? And why should you use persuasive web design to increase sales? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work across Manchester and the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley to provide the perfect web design solutions tailored to your businesses requirements. And this includes persuasive web design. As a result, we have produced this guide to help you increase sales with persuasive design.
Why is persuasive web design so important?
Persuasion is an essential tool for any kind of selling. From face to face salesmanship, to billboard advertisements and digital websites, the aim of the game is the same: persuade the intended audience to part with their cash. If you removed this aim from any kind of marketing, you’d soon find that any image or video content you produce has no real structure. Even if your content is extremely informative, original and interesting, without the persuasive edge, you’re unlikely to see an increase in sales/signups/bookings.
Persuasive design is crucial for any company website.
What are the key features of persuasive web design?
So, if you are going to convince your audience to buy your products or hire your services, what are the important web design elements you should aim to include? Well, there are several, including:
- Testimonial content- if you want to build trust with your audience, and prove yourself as a reputable company, as a way to persuade your website users to have faith in your company, then testimonial content is a must. Whether you link reviews from third party sites, or you use social media reviews as part of your website, you should make sure that these cannot be missed. Testimonial video content can also be particularly useful for landing page videos, as video content allows users to develop a human connection to those on screen too.
- Effective branding- branding helps to establish the individual identity of your company. And this should be clear and prominent on all web pages and social media content. This is another way to build trust, and can be very persuasive.
- Simple design- design simplicity can also help to persuade users to place their trust in your company. This is because the more simple it is for users to find what they need, and the more simple the online form processes are, the more professional and reliable your company will seem.
Why should you use persuasive web design to increase sales?
Persuasive web design can help to increase sales as this can:
- build consumer trust
- establish your company branding
- improve the user experience through simple design and content clarity
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.