Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about responsive design and it’s importance for mobile devices.
What is responsive web design for mobile devices?
Responsive websites display content and alter their appearance, depending on which type of device is being used to access the website. This means that a user accessing from a smartphone will be able to have a fully optimized experience of your website, suitable for their screen size, orientation and resolution. You can have full control over the way the website will look on any device, and you can make sure you are providing value to viewers, no matter which device they are using.
So, why is responsive web design essential for mobile devices?
There are several advantages of responsive web design. These include:
- Orientation- by using responsive web design effectively you can make sure your website looks perfect, whether it is viewed horizontally, or vertically. This means that your website users and potential customers and clients will have a positive experience of your website, no matter the orientation.
- Resolution and screen size- from the largest laptop screen, to the smallest Smartphone, the range of screen sizes and resolutions is currently larger than ever before. A responsive design allows you to create a website that will scale to meet the requirements of the screen, in an easy and straightforward manner. This means your users will be able to access the information they need, increasing your conversion ratio.
- Image optimization- images and graphics can behave entirely differently depending on the orientation and screen size of the device being used. Not only does responsive website factor for this, it will make save you the time and effort you would have spent optimizing these manually.
- Expectations- your website users expect to see high quality results on any device they access your website from. It shows that you are a professional company that is up to date and cares about customers. If your website does not meet expectations, you will not make the sale.
- Mobile first– the mobile first algorithm change by Google was made several years ago and what this involves is ranking mobile websites more effectively for mobile users, with companies that have developed a full and comprehensive site just for mobile users, being ranked more highly than others. Responsive web design can help meet this requirements and ultimately help boost your SEO.
For more information or advice about responsive web design, or for professional web design in Manchester, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.