With Christmas just around the corner, many websites make some simple seasonal design changes to show offers, discounts, or to keep up with the festive spirit. But what are the most effective seasonal design changes for any website? And how can you be sure that these changes will have a positive impact on your conversion ratio, and your sales? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work across the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley, to provide top quality, effective web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about making seasonal design changes to your website.
What are the most effective seasonal design changes for any website?
To really imbue your website with the spirit of Christmas, you could consider:
- Designing seasonal pop-ups
- Using a seasonal hero image
- Adding seasonal illustration
Designing seasonal pop-ups
Seasonal pop-ups can be very successful, especially if these are used to advertise a time sensitive, or festive, offer. You should consider:
- Using urgent language that invokes action especially if you want users to sign up or book your services
- Using festive themed imagery or decorative features, including typography decoration, icons and illustrations
- Making sure your pop-ups are well branded so that customers are more likely to trust them. This means using company colour scheme and the logo, as well as the seasonal decorative features.
Using a seasonal hero image
If you don’t want to interrupt or disrupt the browsing experience with a seasonal pop-up, you could instead consider a seasonal hero or featured image. Why not:
- Use a festive overlay on top of your existing content- this can add a snowy or seasonal effect or animation to your image, or add Christmas themed details to the image, like Christmas hats or gifts. This is most effective for images of people, rather than illustrations or abstract patterns.
- Create a Christmas themed illustration tied to your brand- of course your hero image needs to be relevant to your company, products or services. So you cant simply swap our your hero image for an irrelevant Christmas image. But you could design and create an effective Christmas themed image, perfect for attracting attention, and showing off something important about your company. Creating something special for the Christmas season can be worthwhile in terms of the additional revenue this can bring.
Adding seasonal illustration
Finally, to give your website a touch of Christmas, you can simply add Christmas themed illustration to your website. This could involve:
- Replacing the existing icons with Christmas themed icons where appropriate
- Adding illustrated overlays to images and media used on your website
- Using illustrated decorative features for edging and drawing attention to key features
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.