Choosing a web design colour scheme can be tricky, and whichever colours you choose, they need to fit with your company branding. But beyond this, the only limitation is the overall aesthetic, and user response. Black and blue colour schemes are a popular choice for website design. But how can these two colours be combined successfully? And what are the advantages of black and blue web design colour schemes? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work across the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley, to provide top quality, effective web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about using black and blue colours for your website.
Design considerations for black and blue web design colour schemes
To make sure you get the most from your web design, you need to make sure that the colours you choose are used effectively. And this also applies to black and blue web design colour schemes. So how can you be sure to use these two colours to create a stunning, effective website? Well, you should consider:
- Increasing the size of the text- if you are using a black, or dark grey background, with a light or deep blue typography, or white text, you should be sure to increase the text size. This is because the black background will make the text appear smaller and more cramped together, which can make it difficult to read. So you should also increase the spacing between letters and words too.
- Balance the colours- using black colours in web design can be very effective but this needs to be effectively balanced with lighter colours to achieve the best possible results. Light colours can be used effectively to accent key information, and create areas of visual contrast around the page.
What are the advantages of black and blue web design colour schemes?
Using black and blue colour combinations can bring a range of benefits including:
- Visual appeal- using the right tones of these two colours can create a stunning visual effect that will grab user attention. And this is the key aim of any website, for any purpose.
- Contrast- using these two colours to create points of contrast can be very beneficial. This can help to direct user attention to different points on the screen, highlighting all the important pieces of content, and ensuring that users spend longer on your website.
- Call to action buttons- blue and black colour combinations can help make key features stand out, which in turn can lead to more sales and conversions through the call to action button.Using a light blue button on a grey or charcoal background for example, will capture the attention of the users immediately.
- Other colours- in web design, three colours are typically combined to achieve the best possible results. This means that there is room to add one other colour into your colour scheme. Many web designers opt for plain white, to capture the contrast efficiently. But pinks, reds and oranges can also be effective.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.