One of the most important features of your above the fold content, is the typography you use for any headings. This should be well designed to suit the background visuals, while also attracting the attention of any potential customers. With so many typography style to choose from, and new options emerging all the time, it can be difficult to choose the right option for your website. But there are a number of typography styles predicted to be popular in 2022. Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies and businesses across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. And this is our guide to the predicted popular typography styles for 2022.
What are the typography style predictions for 2022?
The most popular typography styles we predict for 2022 include:
- Obscured typography
- Oversized, bold typography
- Calligraphy style typography
Obscured typography is a typography style that specifically involves over-laying content over the top of the text, to slightly obscure the letters. This can be created in a number of ways, including:
- Blurring the lines between the typography and the background- this can create stunning textured effects that create the impression that the letters are emerging from, or sinking into the background design.
- Overlaying the typography with an image or illustration- using images to overlay the text can create an area of high contrast visual interest, that is sure to grab attention. This can also help provide a “glossy magazine” effect for your landing page, synonymous with fashion, contemporary style and professionalism.
Oversized, bold typography
Just as it says on the tin, oversized, bold typography is a typography style that use large, bold lettering that really stands out. This can be outline lettering, or block lettering, but for the most part, this is always a sans-serif style of font. This means that it has no swishes or flicks, and each letter stands separate from the next. When using this style of typography, you should consider:
- The colour of the typography- using large block or outline fonts means that you can add colour, pattern and design to your typography. Choose a colour that will stand out from your background, but fit with your company colours and online branding. You can even consider multiple colours and colour gradients.
- Increasing white-space- by increasing the empty pace around each letter or word, you can be sure to direct more attention to the text, and increase the power of your typography.
Calligraphy style typography
Designed to look like handwriting, calligraphy style typography can be completely unique, or part of stock typography. But either way, this is a typography style that creates a distinct website style. When using this type of typography, you should consider:
- The size of the typography- you might need to increase the size of your text, to ensure that each letter is easy to read. The swirls and loops that make up the calligraphy style can make it more difficult to read on a smaller screen size or mobile device.
For more information, or professional web design support, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.