Web design trends are always emerging. One of the most recent of these is the use of geometry and shape to create visual design features. These can be subtle, but more and more companies are opting for well defined, bold shapes instead. So what are the considerations for using bold geometric shapes in web design? And what are the advantages of this? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we build websites specifically tailored to the requirements of companies and businesses across Manchester and the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley. We provide the perfect web design solutions for clients in all areas of business and industry. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about web design and geometric shapes.
Considerations for using bold geometric shapes in web design
To make sure that your geometric shapes are as effective as they should be, you should consider:
- The purpose of the shape- geometric shapes can be used to define points, draw attention to written or visual content, or to draw the users eye further down the page. Whatever you plan to use geometric shapes for, be sure to have a well defined goal or purpose for this, to achieve the best results.
- The colour scheme- geometric shapes can be an effective option for any website. However, you should be sure to use colours for your shape designs that allow the geometry to stand out, while also combining well with your existing colour scheme, and company branding. You will also need to decide on how to colour the shapes, whether to use outlines or solid colours, and the colour style this should take on.
What are the advantages of well defined geometric shapes in web design?
There are a number of advantages to using well defined shapes as part of your web design. These advantages include:
- Separating pieces of content- a well defined shape can be used as a background design feature in which different pieces of your content can be positioned. This created clear boundaries for different pieces of information, helping to improve the browsing experience for your website users, and your potential customers and clients. This also gives your geometric shapes a well defined purpose.
- Creating a design feature- geometric shapes in web design can help to create a stunning design feature. As mentioned above, they can be used in the background, but well defined and clear shapes can also be very effective in the foreground too. In fact, geometric design can really help your website stand out from any competitors.
- Adding animation- adding animation to bold and obvious geometric shapes can be a great way to add interest and action to your landing page. This animation should be purposeful, and use the geometric shapes to create an impressive effect, or to draw attention to a key part of the website information.
If you need professional web design support, or for information or advice, why not get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester?