Typography in web design plays an important visual and practical role. Not only does this need to grab attention and stand out from the page, but it also needs to be easy to read and understand on all screen sizes. Using the right colours for online typography is an important consideration for both the visual and practicalities of typography design. But using dual colour typography in web design can be even more effective. So what does this involve? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we build websites specifically tailored to the requirements of companies and businesses across Manchester and the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley. We provide the perfect web design solutions for clients in all areas of business and industry. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about typography with dual colours.
Different ways to use dual colour typography
Dual colour typography can be used effectively on your website in a number of ways. These include:
- Title typography- for the largest and most important title in your web design, the typography can make use of a dual tone system effectively. This can draw attention, and help the text stand out from the rest of the page.
- Increasing contrast- using two different colours for your typography can be a good way to add contrast to the web page. Choosing white and black tones, or two other contrasting colours, can make a bold visual statement. However, it is important that this fits in with the overall style of your website, and the overall colour scheme, for the best possible results.
- Two tone typography- you can also consider using two shades of the same colour, such as light blue and dark blue, to create a colour gradient effect. This can be very visually effective.
What are the advantages of using dual colour typography in web design?
Using dual colour typography can bring a number of advantages and benefits to your web design. These include:
- Creating a unique design style- Using dual colour typography can help to create a unique design style for your website. This can help your website stand out from others online, and make your brand and company more memorable for your potential customers and clients. It can also benefit your company branding, as long as you use colours that are associated with this.
- Attracting attention- the two colour system can draw attention to your typography, allowing the key message of your content to be understood and to be taken notice of. This can be beneficial for your website users, and potential customer and clients, as they are more likely to find the information they need, if they stop to read the headings or titles. Improving the user experience in this way, can then also lead to an increase in sales, bookings and sign ups too.
For more information or advice about website colour schemes and typography trends, as well as website design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.