Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. That’s why we create stunning web design solutions, for businesses and companies across the North West. This includes Southport and Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to effectively using the footer for more company branding.
How can you display more information through the website footer?
The footer of any website is the very bottom part of the page. This is often used to add a secondary navigation bar, and display important details, including:
- Contact information
- Location details and maps
- Social media links
- Client or customer reviews or testimonials
But this space doesn’t need to be restricted to provide only practical information and details, as it can also be used for company branding. This can include:
- Adding the brand or company tagline
- Using the company logo
- Including a sentence or two about your company for more information
What are the advantages of using the footer for more company branding?
Adding more company branding to the footer to help potential customers and clients better understand your business can bring a range of advantages to your website overall. These advantages include:
- Building a better consumer relationship- the main part of your web page, especially the landing page, often focuses on what exactly potential customers or clients can expect from your company, products or services. And while the typography, colour scheme and company logo will help to establish your company branding, consumers often are not aware about what your brand is all about. But adding a tagline, or a few sentences about your company in the footer can help to encapsulate this in a simple way. And as a result, you can help to form connections with your potential customers or clients, that could lead to an increase possibility of sales, bookings and sign ups. This is especially true if you also add a call to action button, or an email sign up option to the footer too.
- Solidifying your company branding- while all of the company branding involved in designing the page, and the content itself can be very effective for defining your company persona, and helping to establish your company, adding more information in terms of a tagline, or details, can help to solidify this. The footer is the last part of your web page that some users will see, and so the details here are more likely to stay with them, and be carried forward. So if you can use this space to cement and solidify your branding, you may see more return visitors, and an overall increase in sales and sign ups.
For more information about website footer design, or for professional web design for your company, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.