When creating a website for your company, or redesigning your existing website, its easy to focus on the visual appeal and the style of the website. But this should only be part of your web design strategy. Instead, your focus should be on displaying your company message, as clearly, and concisely as possible. So whatever your company is offering, whether its a local service or an international product, your consumers know what this is and why they should choose you. So how can web design help you do this? And what should you consider? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work with companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area, including Wigan and Southport, to provide web design solutions that can help businesses grow. As a result, we have produced these web design tips for a clear company message.
What is a company message?
When people land on your website, they want to know what you are offering, immediately. They want to know what you sell or which services you provide, where you’re based, your prices and opening hours. And many websites are designed in such a way that these questions can be answered instantly. But beyond this, they also want to know WHY they should trust your company. What makes your company, or your products or services, different to others? And this is where your company message comes in.
A company message is all about what you can do for people that choose your products or services. This usually involves:
- Results- do your services or products secure real results? From hair and beauty to plumbing and electrical services, you need to show your consumers that your company is one they can count on for positive results.
- Experience- if your company has a wealth of experience and is regarded as an industry leader, this makes for a great company message. Consumers are more likely to bank on success with an experienced company.
- Unique- does your company have a unique selling point? Maybe its your green credentials, or a service that no other local company offers. Whatever it is that makes your company unique, is definitely something to include in a company message.
Web design tips for a clear company message
So, once you have established the kind of message you want to send to your potential customers, about why they should choose you, you then need to design a website to display this message with clarity. You could consider:
- Testimonial video content- if you have happy previous customers, why not ask them to tell your future customers why working with your company, or your products, is so great? Testimonial video content can help to deliver your message, and its much more believable when it comes from someone else. This should be positioned on your landing page, to attract the most attention.
- Effective text design- many companies deliver their message in just two or three sentences, near the top of the landing page. But to do this successfully, you need to make sure that these sentences stand out. Increasing the whitespace around the text, increasing the text size, and creating contrast with the background is a good way to achieve this, and to make sure that potential customers dont miss your message.
For more information or advice, or for professional web design support, get in touch with Manchester’s leading web design experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.