Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we build websites specifically tailored to the requirements of companies and businesses across Manchester and the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley. We provide the perfect web design solutions for clients in all areas of business and industry. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about impressing first time customers with effective web design.
What are the most important web design tips to impress first time customers?
When your website loads initially, it needs to instantly impress your potential customers or clients, and draw their attention and interest. To achieve this, there are a number of important web design tips you should consider, including functionality and practical decisions, as well as visual design. To impress your first time customers, you should consider
- Speed and efficiency
- Visual design appeal
- User experience
Speed and efficiency to impress first time customers
To get your potential customers off to the best start, you need to make sure that your website loads quickly and effectively. A website that takes longer than 2 seconds to load is considered to be performing poorly, by most standards. Including the Google ranking algorithm. So make sure your website loads quickly by:
- Optimising and compressing images
- Optimising your website code for speed
Visual design to impress first time customers
Once your website has loaded (quickly, hopefully) you need to really impress your users with the visual design. This is what will capture their attention, interest and imagination. And the better your visuals are, the more likely it is that your website will connect to your potential customers, on an emotional level. You should consider:
- Using large imagery above the fold to really grab attention
- Using imagery that really supports your brand identity and company persona, so that your branding is evident throughout the website
Consider the user experience to impress first time customers
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, you need to consider your web design, in light of the user experience. A positive user experience is more likely to lead to a sale or booking, so really getting to the heart of what users want from your website is important. You should consider:
- Displaying all the relevant contact information and details in a prominent position. Some companies display this on a top bar, right at the top of the screen. This means that users who want quick contact details fast, don’t have to scroll all the way down to the footer.
- Effective call to action buttons that are clear, obvious and work as designed. These are the key to the users purchasing journey, so getting these right is essential for success.
For more information, or professional web design support, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.