When designing a website for your company, it’s easy to focus on the overall picture and simply create a website that looks great and is fully functional. But if you really want to draw in the sales and sign ups, focusing on location based design features could be key. Especially for smaller businesses with a strong presence in their local area. But what are the advantages of location focused web design? And how can you showcase local features through your web desing? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we build websites specifically tailored to the requirements of companies and businesses across Manchester and the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley. We provide the perfect web design solutions for clients in all areas of business and industry. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about location focused web design.
What are the advantages of location focused web design?
There are several advantages to designing your website with location at the forefront. These advantages include:
- Building a connection with potential customers or clients- to create sales online, or to take bookings or sign ups, your website audience need to really believe in your company as trustworthy, reliable and genuine. This involves bonding with your potential customers, which is inevitably difficult to achieve through a screen. However, base your web design on your local area, or where you are working from, and you can installing start to build a connection with your audience. Shared experiences and shared locations are some of the most important bonding tools.
- Stand out online- with the vast volumes of websites online, it’s essential for your company to stand out and get noticed. By using local images, and centering your web design scheme on location, you can ensure that your website is different to everything else available. This will help your website be more memorable and stand out from the crowd. As a result, you’ll be more likely to increase sales and sign ups.
- For SMB’s local shoppers are key- if you are a small to medium sized company, then local customers can be the most important of all your customers. These are the ones who will be more likely to walk into your business premises, off the street, and become return customers or clients too. And there is nothing that can help businesses grow like word of mouth, from your local customers to their local friends neighbours and relations. As a result, designing your website to capture the interest of your local shoppers should be a primary consideration.
Showing local features in web design
There are a number of ways to include local features in your web design. These include:
- imagery of local places
- local lingo and colloquialisms
- supporting other local businesses
- including a local area map
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.