If your company is aiming to create a stunning website that is both visually effective and fully functioning, you need solid foundations for your web design. That’s why research and planning is essential for success. But choosing design ideas that have been repeatedly used effectively, and have a proven positive history, is a good place to start. This is where grid design comes in handy. Currently, there are many different ways to use grid design effectively, including asymmetrically, with overlapping elements, or with a perfect grid. And the perfect grid is something that is rapidly coming back into fashion. But what is a perfect grid? And what are the advantages of perfect grids in web design? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. From Wigan to Southport, we work with companies across Manchester and the surrounding region to deliver high quality web design solutions that really get results. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about perfect grids in web design.
What is a perfect grid in web design?
So, first of all, what is a perfect grid? Well, a perfect grid is exactly as it sounds. The main characteristics include:
- Full individual boxes- these can be square or rectangular but in a perfect grid layout they will be a full shape, with all the elements inside the box, and not overlapping the edges. The boxes may even have a border to further emphasize the shape.
- Stacked boxes- in a perfect grid, the boxes are stacked perfectly on top of one another. This gives the visual impression of symmetry and balance.
Using a perfect grid for your website
So, how can you make sure the perfect grid is a design layout that will work for your website and your company? Well, there are some things you could consider to make this design more effective, including:
- Different background colours for different boxes- make sure these colours fit with your branding and the rest of your website. The different colours will help attract attention, and help ensure that potential customers truly notice each part of your content.
- Alternating the type of content- from an image to some text, and back again is a good way to make sure your content splits the necessary and important textual information, with professional high quality imagery. This helps to present your company in the best possible light, but also helps to get across any key points or messages you might want to make.
Advantages of perfect grids in web design
So, why should you choose this type of web design, and what type of advantages should you expect? Well, there are several including:
- Simplified design for users- the easier you can make your website for your users, the better the user experience. And this can mean more sales and more sign ups, increasing your company profits.
- Visually attractive- the repetitive and symmetrical nature of the perfect grid is visually relaxing and attractive. This can make your website and your products or services seem more attractive too.
- Responsive- using a grid based website is a great way to create a responsive website in a straight forward way. This is because on a smaller screent he boxes will simply stack vertically, instead of horizontally.
For more information or advice about professional web design solutions for your company, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.