When it comes to web design, there are a number of key design decisions that are incredibly important for the overall aesthetic, as well as the practical functionality. The call to action buttons are one of the most important features of any website, especially for the landing or home pages. One of the biggest trends involving call to action buttons is to use a rounded rectangle design. But why should you choose this shape design, and what are the advantages of rounded rectangle call to action buttons? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. And this is our guide to everything you should know about rounded rectangle CTA buttons.
What are the advantages of rounded rectangle call to action buttons?
Rounded rectangle CTA buttons are buttons with a rounded corner design. This can bring a number of advantages, including:
- Building focus- Because the rounded edges direct user attention into the button outline, this can help to focus user attention on the important information inside. On the other hand, sharp rectangular corners draw attention to the outside of the button, because of the corners pointing away from the content. As a result, rounded edges can help to build focus, draw attention and increase click throughs and conversions.
- Positivity- there is a strenuous link to psychology when it comes to the shape of the call to action button. Rounded edges, rounded rectangles, and circles in general are more positive than sharp rectangles and squares. This can help your potential customers feel more relaxed and positive, leading to an increase in click throughs.
- Seamless- the corners of a rounded rectangle prevent the eye from stopping and disjointing at the corners of the shape, breaking the pattern around the edge of the button, and instead create a seamless rounded design.
- Grab attention- rounded corners on a rounded rectangle can grab attention when positioned on any website. This is because many websites use a square, grid, or rectangular design, and the rounded edges create visual contrast which attracts instant attention. As the main role of any call to action button is to grab attention, and drive click throughs, the rounded rectangles can be incredibly effective.
- Visual processing-There have been studies to show that Rounded edges are just easier on the eye, when compared to a rectangle or square. In fact, when trying to process a rectangle, in comparison to a circle, there are more neurons involved in the actual processing. And as web design should be aiming to provide the best and easiest user experience, it would seem that buttons with rounded edges are just easier to acknowledge and gather information from.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.