When creating a new website for your company or business, it’s easy to think about the visual design, and the functionality of the website, while neglecting some very important decisions about the user experience and the user interface. Potential clients and customers are usually the target audience for any company or business website, and so creating a browsing experience that is positive, simple and effective is vital for online success. As part of this, you should consider the role and use of visual feedback. But what are the advantages of visual feedback in web design? And how can this help your company online? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about visual feedback and its role in web design.
What is visual feedback?
Visual feedback is the term used to describe how information is given back to the user, after a piece of important user interaction. For example, this could include:
- Loading bars or animations that display after a user has clicked a button to submit information
- Links changing colour once clicked on
- Minor hover or button animations
- Progress bars showing how far through the signing up or purchasing process the user is
- Error messages and animations that show where incorrect data may have been entered in an online form
So, what are the advantages of visual feedback in web design?
There are several benefits to using visual feedback across your website. These advantages can include:
- Building trust- the consumer needs to have trust in your company, as a reliable and trustworthy place to spend money. And providing visual feedback can really help you build this trust, as at each step of the purchasing or booking process, visual feedback helps the user know where they are and what is happening. So they are never confused or overwhelmed.
- Improving the user experience- we’ve all been there. When a website doesn’t load, or the form filling seems to be endless, it is incredibly frustrating. Visual feedback provided almost instantly is a good way to reduce this frustration, and perhaps even cut it out altogether. And by improving the user experience in this way, you could see an increase in sales and sign ups, as well as profits.
- Make the load time seem faster- slow loading times are one of the number one reasons why potential customers bounce from your website, and go elsewhere instead. By using visual feedback in the form of a loading animation. you can make the loading time feel shorter and faster, so your potential customers don’t give up waiting.
- Reward interaction- user interaction is something that deserves to be rewarded, even in a small way. And micro animations or visual feedback can be a great way to achieve this.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.