When it comes to web design, many trends and design choices are cyclical, moving in and out of popularity at any given time. But banner advertisements have long been popular, and these are expected to remain so throughout 2020. But what is a banner advertisement, and what are the advantages of website banner ads? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know website banner advertisements.
What is a website banner advertisement?
A website banner ad is a specifically designed advertisement that runs horizontally along the top of the page. This can be applied to other website, where you pay for your advert to re-target customers who have visited your online store. Or, more commonly, this can be applied to your own website. This often serves a particular purpose including:
- prompting users to sign up to your mailing list
- advertising a deal or offer code
- setting up a limited time promotion
What are the advantages of website banner ads?
So, why should you choose banner advertisements to meet these particular goals? And what kind of results can you expect from well placed banner advertisements? Well, there are several benefits to using a professional banner ad. These include:
- Attracting user attention- because a banner ad runs along the top of the page, this is something that website users will see first and foremost. Banner ads that are designed in contrasting or alternative colours to the rest of the website colour scheme are sure to attract attention from your customers, which means that they wont miss out on whatever you are promoting or offering. In fact, this can be a great way to increase the number of discount codes used and boost your sales or sign ups.
- Suitable for a range of websites- website banner ads are not restricted to one single type of website or industry. This means that for any eCommerce site, or for any website offering services, a banner advertisement can provide effective marketing solutions. These are also well used across different styles of website, so your audience will already be familiar with the design and style, and know exactly how to use these.
- Prompt action- a banner advertisement with a great deal, discount or offer can be incredibly effective for promoting user action. Even more so than a generic call to action button. This is because the banner advertisement can generally instill more urgency, with time sensitive graphics, such as a real time clock counting down the time left for the offer. This leads a larger proportion of your audience to sign up or buy your products.
- Cost effective- finally, banner advertisements are fairly straight forward and quick to create in contrast with video ads, and other forms of advertising. This means that you can get more return on your investment, through the increase in sales and sign ups.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.