Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work with companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area, including Wigan and Southport, to provide web design solutions that can help businesses grow. As a result, we have produced this guide to the advantages of watercolour backgrounds in web design.
What are the advantages of watercolour backgrounds in web design?
There are several advantages to choosing a watercolour background for your website. These include:
- Interesting and different design- because watercolour background are not frequently used in web design, especially when compared with simple one colour backgrounds, using this type of style can really set your website out as something new and different. This instantly grabs the attention, but more importantly, the interest of your potential customers and clients, and generates brand intrigue for new website users. It also allows your branding to be more memorable, allowing your website to stand out from competitors.
- Unique design- watercolour backgrounds aren’t just new, different and interesting though. They can also be unique. This type of design provides the opportunity for your company to really create something original and unique, just for your company. This allows you to emphasize your branding, and brand personality, by using designs and colours that match your company persona. In fact, many watercolour designs often bring a hand painted or hand designed style to your website, which can be really unique and interesting for digital web design.
- Soft tones- watercolour backgrounds, and watercolour designs in general, offer a soft background that uses soft tones and colours to draw attention. This is completely different from the usual design styles that rely on strong, bold colours to really grab attention, but perhaps without piquing user intrigue.
- Draw the eye- much like liquid website backgrounds, the application of colour, and the texture itself of watercolour combinations can direct the eye and attention to certain key points of the website. This could include imagery, typography and headings, as well as text based content. The advantage of this is that your potential customers or clients are more likely to read your content, and pause when viewing it, instead of skipping or scanning straight over it. And as a result, you could see an increase in conversions, sales, bookings and sign ups.
- Versatile background option- watercolour background don’t have to be an all or nothing option. In fact, you can use a streak or seam of water colour through the centre, or at regular intervals, without using watercolur design for the whole page. This can allow some flexibility while planning the design, so that you can achieve a result that offers the visual effect you are aiming for. This also means that your use of watercolours does not have to be overwhelming as part of your design, and it can even be used effectively for minimalist websites.
For more information or for professional web design support, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.