Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about black and white textured backgrounds in web design.
What are the advantages of black and white textured backgrounds in web design?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to using textured backgrounds in web design, including those hat rely on black and white shades. These advantages include:
- Creating visual depth- the black and white contrast can add visual depth to your design, creating a website that has visual interest and draws your potential customers and clients into the design. This can even be sued for a 3D effect that allows your imagery and typography to really stand out from the page.
- Adding contrast- contrast can be created in a number of ways in web design, including through the use of colour and texture. A textured background creates a subtle contrast with the content overlaid, which allows this to stand out and be clearly separated from the background itself.
- An interesting way to use dark design- with dark design becoming increasingly popular, finding new ways to apply dark backgrounds can be difficult, especially if you want your website to be unique. With a black and white textured background, you can create something unusual, that exceeds user exceptions.
What are the options for using black and white textured backgrounds in web design?
There are a number of different and very effective ways to use these two colours as a texture background on your website. These include:
- Using black and white stone effect designs- natural stone effect backgrounds that combine black and white shades to create the effect of grey slate of natural rock can be incredibly effective for your website. This designs acts exactly as a blank slate, pun intended, for you to add your content over the top of, and create a stunning visual effect.
- Using black and white sky effect designs- the sky is a stunning natural landscape itself, and this is often used for bright and bold design. But you can turn this n its head by using a black and white sky effect design. In this design, the white will be applied to mirror the texture of clouds, while the sky itself will be a moody grey or stormy black. You could also opt for a night sky design, with the white being used as stars. Either way, this is a quirky design choice that can make a bold statement about your company branding. It’s definitely not as subtle as the stone effect background option.
- Black and white abstract design- alternatively, you could use black and white textured design to create something more unusual and abstract, using geometric shapes and designs, or thick brushstrokes to create something completely unique.
For more information or for professional web design support, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.