For any website, the content above the fold on the landing or home page is some of the most important content. This is is a;so called the hero area and it is what your website users will see first and foremost when they load your website. With the rise of minimalist design, a large number of companies are now using a large image for this section of the website, with just a title and a call to action button to accompany this. And one of the most recent trends is to use an image of a landscape, view or city-scape. But is this effective? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts, and we provide high quality, effective, web design solutions for a range of local companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area. This includes Blackburn and Stockport. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about choosing the right landscape hero image for your website.
What are the benefits of choosing landscape photography for website hero content?
There are a number of reasons why using a hero image depicting a great view or piece of scenery is effective. These reasons include:
- Connecting your company to the local area- if you use an image of a local place, skyline or view, your potential customers will automatically connect your company to the right location, which can help to build trust at a subconscious level. This of course loses its impact if you opt for a dramatic skyline from a different city, or a beach from a far flung country.
- Creating a dramatic visual feature- stunning imagery and photography on your website can establish your business as a professional and reliable company. But using high quality, high resolution imagery of a stunning mountain scene, or city street, can be a very effective option for also creating a stunning visual feature. This is sure to grab the attention of your potential customers and clients, and make them pause to take in your content, potentially increasing sales and sign ups.
What are the considerations when choosing landscape imagery for website hero content?
If you want make use of the above advantages, there are some important considerations to take into account when choosing the right image. You need to consider:
- Your location- to emphasize the local connection, you should choose an image of your local area. However, for some companies that simply will not be a good fit for the company branding, and for that reason, you might want to consider a different type of hero image altogether.
- Your company branding- for some brands and companies, landscape photography just wont be relevant to the brand, and will not deliver the right message. There has to be a strong connection between the company branding, and the imagery used across the website, but for the hero image, as the first piece of content potential customers will see, this is even more important.
- The quality of the image- another important consideration is the image quality. For effective responsive design, your image needs to be high quality, but also able to be compressed and optimized, without losing any of this quality, to load quickly and effectively on all mobile devices, with a range of screen sizes.
For more information about effective web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester. We are Manchester’s leading web design experts.