Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts, and we provide high quality, effective, web design solutions for a range of local companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area. This includes Blackburn and Stockport. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about natural landscape photography in web design.
What are the important design considerations for above the fold landscape photography?
To make sure that your above the fold imagery of a landscape or natural setting is effective, there are a number of design considerations to take into account. These include:
- Colour- stunning images of natural landscapes can be dramatic and attention grabbing. But for your website, you need to consider the colour of the image, and your company branding. This can be challenging, because natural landscapes tend to have multiple colours, like greens, blues and reds. So how do you make sure this is the right fit for your website? Well, there are several things you can consider including:
- choosing an image with a predominant colour that matches your theme
- using overlays and image editing to tint or change the saturation of the image
- opting for grey-scale or black and white
- Focus- there should be a central focus to your landscape image when this is applied above the fold. This is the point where all the attention will be directed as soon as the website loads. It could be a mountain peak, a bay, the peak of a wave, or even a building, but whatever this is, something needs to jump out of the image and provide focus and depth.
- Text- the above the fold content often includes some text too. For some website just the heading will be present, while for others a small sentence or a few words will be used. It is important to choose a typography style for this that will compliment the natural imagery, as well as your company branding. The typography also needs to stand out and be instantly visible. Using a contrasting colour for the typography can be a great way to get your text to grab attention immediately.
- Purpose- any design feature you add to your website needs to be used for a particular purpose, and not just because you like it. The same can be said for landscape photography and imagery. Make sure you use natural landscape photography only if this is relevant to your brand, or local to your local business. This will make the design feel more genuine, and can help to form better connections with your audience, and potential customers or clients.
- Quality- another important consideration is the image quality. For effective responsive design, your image needs to be high quality, but also this needs to be able to be compressed and optimized, without losing any of this quality, to load quickly and effectively on all mobile devices, with a range of screen sizes.
For more information about effective web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester. We are Manchester’s leading web design experts.