Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work with companies and businesses across the North West, from Southport to Wigan, to deliver effective web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the design of opt-in forms.
What is an opt-in form?
An opt-in form is the form used to allow website users, and potential customers or clients, to sing up to your email list, opting in to receive notifications or emails regarding your products and services. This form can be displayed in a number of different ways, including as part of a pop-up, as a landing page element or section, as a side bar feature, and even as part of the footer.
What are the important considerations for designing an effective opt-in form?
There are a number of important considerations to take into account when designing an opt-in form that will be truly effective. These include:
- Single answers- for an opt-in form you generally only need one piece of information, the email address. As a result a simple opt in form, like “Sign up to our newsletter” should only require a single answer. Not only is this short and simple, and to the point, it requires less effort from your website users, and as such, they may be more likely to decide to opt in.
- Showing the benefits- If you want your potential customers or clients to sign up to your newsletter or email list, you need to offer them something in return. This could be a discount, or more specialised information relevant to the user in particular.
- Responsive design- because there are a number of different ways to position an opt-in form on your website, its important to consider responsive design. This means that the form will be able to look great, and work effectively, on all devices and screen sizes.
What are the benefits of a well designed opt-in form?
A well designed opt in form can bring a number of advantages and benefits to your website. These include:
- Maximising sign ups- a well designed opt in form is more likely to secure sign ups because it will attract attention and offer something worthwhile. As a result, its worth putting the effort in to make sure this form is effective, as this will lead to more sign ups and more opportunities for sales.
- Improving the user experience- one of the biggest advantages of a well designed opt in form is that you can be sure to provide a positive user experience. When website users try to enter the information this should be easy to do, with no issues.
For more information or advice about your company branding and web design, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.