Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work with companies and businesses across the North West, from Southport to Wigan, to deliver effective web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about creating stunning visual design features with stats and numbers.
Stats and numbers in web design
If your website needs to portray stats and numbers to define a key point, or to display information and data more visually, for ease of understanding, you will need to consider the design carefully. It’s important that this data meets a number of factors, including:
- Being easily understood- the message or purpose of displaying the data needs to be clear and easy to recognise. This means that the data needs to be presented accurately and with visual ease for the best possible results.
- Being easy to read- responsive design is essential for most website features and for stats and numbers this is no different. It’s important to ensure that any visual features for stats and data are designed to be responsive, along with the rest of your website. This means that they will appear clear and easy to read, on all devices and all screen sizes.
- Being purposeful- stats and numbers can be very important for results driven business, and business to business websites. But for other types of business, stats and numbers do not add much value for your potential customers and clients. For this reason you should be sure that you are adding stats for a real and meaningful purpose.
What are the effective options for creating visual design features with stats and numbers?
There are a variety of different options for displaying stats and numbers effectively, to create a key visual design feature. These include:
- Using graphs and charts- graphs and charts, when well designed, can create an effective visual feature for your website. These should be used to show no more than 3 or 4 comparisons or points, and the data should be made very clear and obvious. Choosing an effective colour scheme for the design of the stats and charts is also a crucial consideration that can make a big difference to the visual outcome of the feature.
- Using illustration- illustration can be used very effectively to display stats and numbers clearly. This type of design allows you to be more creative with the display and really add your companies own persona and character to the design. This can help make your website more memorable and enhance your company branding.
For more information or advice about your company branding and web design, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.