Animated website effects can create an interactive and immersive experience for your website users, as long as this is used for a purpose. Scrolling animation is a popular choice, and this can be incredibly visually effective. But what are the different options for scrolling web animation? And how can this be used effectively for your website? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. And this is our guide to everything you should know about scrolling web animation.
What are the different options for scrolling web animation?
If you want to add scrolling animation to your website, there are a number of different methods you could consider, split into separate categories. These include:
- Animations when scrolling vertically
- Animations when scrolling or swiping horizontally
- Scrolling animations when user presses a button
Animations when scrolling vertically
The majority of the time, your website users and potential customers or clients will be scrolling down your website, and possibly back up again. This makes vertical scrolling one of the best possible options for scrolling animations. There are a number of things you could consider, including:
- Animating website elements to move when scrolling- if you have text and image content on the screen of your website, these can be treated differently to one another as the user scrolls, and even move further apart horizontally, or vertically, on the scroll. This makes using your website a more interactive experience.
- Animating typography when scrolling- typography is a great visual feature on any website. If this moves when the user scrolls, then it will attract a lot more attention, and your potential customers will be likely to spend more time reading the content underneath too!
Animations when scrolling or swiping horizontally
Sometimes your users may need to swipe horizontally. This action could be to show a slide out menu, or to move between your website pages, if you are using a show-reel style website. Animation for the side swipe could include:
- Making the page move with the user- this is especially effective for mobile devices and tablets, where the entire website page can move from side to side, along with the action of the website user. This gives the impression of the page literally moving away, as the user swipes sideways.
- Swipe button animation- alternatively, as the user swipes across, the button for swiping itself could be activated to animate with a pulsing or radiating effect. This provides positive visual feedback to the potential customer, as they are in the action of scrolling.
Scrolling animations when user presses a button
If you have a one page scrolling website, or a parallax website, you could consider adding animated scrolling effects when the website users presses one of the navigation buttons. As this wont need to load a new page, it can create a stunning visual effect, cycling through your website content.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.