Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the effective design options for customer support content.
What is customer support content?
Customer support content is the content on a website that is created specifically to help or support your customers. This can take many different forms, including:
- Contact details and maps to your business premises
- Sizing charts and information for wearable products
- FAQ content
- Explainer videos or details about products
This type of content, when designed effectively, can make a big difference to the success of your business, and the number of sales or sign ups you secure.
What are the options for designing effective content for customer support webpages?
So, how can you make sure that your customer support content is well designed, and will be useful for your audience? Well, there are a number of things you should consider, including:
- Creating a central page for all your customer support information- while it is very useful to include things like a sizing chart on the product page, to help customers there and then, it can also be useful to have all the customer support information together in one place. That way, when a potential customer lands on your website seeking key information, this will be clearly sign posted from the the navigation bar, improving the user experience.
- Use professional imagery- for any product information or guides about how to set up or use these products, make sure that your imagery or illustrations look professional. This will directly reflect on the quality of your brand and company as a whole, and you need to present the best possible impression. At the same time, professional imagery will make this content more worthwhile for your website users, and it will be easier for them to understand and follow, particularly where instructions are concerned.
- Consider company branding- if you are including PDF files, or links that will open in a new window, it is essential that your website users, and potential customers, recognize this content as an extension of your website. Otherwise they could simply leave, believing it to be a suspicious pop up. Content that is well branded is more likely to be recognized and utilized, making life easier for your potential customers, and helping to increase your sales and sign ups.
- Structure and organisation- if you are putting together all of the customer support information you should make sure that this page is well structured and organised. You might have more customer support content than you initially thought. Best practices include:
- Positioning contact information at the top- this should be the first thing that your website users see when this page loads
- Using links- instead of putting all of the content on the one page, creating a huge long nightmare for your customers, you should add buttons to different information. Make sure these are clearly labelled, so that your website users know which one to choose.
For more information or for professional web design support, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.