When it comes to web design, new trends are developing and emerging all the time. This includes dark mode design. Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. That’s why we create stunning web design solutions, for businesses and companies across the North West. This includes Southport and Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the important web design differences for different audience generations.
Why should web design features be different for different generations?
Different generations have different ways of using and interacting with websites. And knowing and understanding this difference, and being able to design your website with this in mind can have a range of advantages, including:
- Building trust- if your website is aimed at a particular demographic, and you get all of the web design features right, your company will appear more professional, and trustworthy.
- Building a connection- you want your customers to come back again and again, and this means building a connection. Just be tailoring even the smallest web design feature, you can build this connection with your website users, and potential customers and clients.
What are the important web design differences for different generations?
There are several key web design features that will need to considered carefully when designing for target audiences of different generations. These web design features can include:
- Navigation and menu options- different navigation options are more practical for different generations. If you are a company with the under 30’s as a target demographic, you can go ahead and try hidden navigation bars, such as hamburger or slide out menus. But if your audience are over 60, they may be expecting a more obvious, static navigation bar. Not only is this more familiar to them, but the older target audience are also more likely to be using larger devices, or desktop computers, where a static navigation bar can easily be seen and used. In contrast, the younger target audience are more likely to be using mobile devices, where a hidden navigation design is often essential. Of course, not everyone will fit into these categories neatly, and you may need to experiment to find a solution that works more effectively for your business.
- Imagery- if you provide services or products and you want to really connect with your audience, you might use imagery of your services or products in action. And for this to be effective, your audience needs to feel represented. So whatever the age range of your target demographic, be sure to include imagery that includes your audience. This can help improve consumer relations.
- Language- While the language used on your website will probably be determined by your company branding, using language that is appropriate to your audience can be an important consideration. You want your content to really “speak” to your audience, and you need to help them form a connection. The language you use can be crucial to this, and is something that can differ between generations. As a result, you need to make sure your written content is appealing to the right generation, and this can take some trial and error.
For more information or for professional web design for your company, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.