Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We provide, high quality, effective, web design solutions for local companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area, including Wigan and Southport. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about using thought provoking imagery in web design.
What is thought provoking imagery in web design?
Thought provoking imagery is any type of imagery, or illustrated design, that is created to make the audience think. This can be an immediately obvious design that instantly causes your potential customers or clients to pause for thought. Or alternatively, it can be something more subtle, that makes your audience take a second look.
What are the benefits of adding thought provoking imagery to web design?
There are a number of advantages to using this type of imagery as part of your above the fold content in web design. These advantages include:
- Maintaining the attention of your potential customers or clients- by using thought provoking imagery, you will notice that your website users spend more time looking at the above the fold content. This is because they are drawn to the imagery, and are likely to spend longer appreciating it. But this maintained attention also means that they are more likely to read any of the above the fold content, instead of just skimming past. This can provide a more effective opportunity for you to get your key message across, and then experience an increase in conversions and click throughs from the call to action button.
- Piquing user interest- Creating a website that grabs, and holds, the interest of your potential customers or clients is important, as this is the first step to an emotional connection. Forming a positive emotional connection with your consumers is the only way to be sure of repeat custom, and positive reviews. As a result, using that imagery that is designed to get your users thinking, and maybe even communicating about your design, is a great way to kick start the consumer relationship.
- Design styles- another advantage is that a range of design styles can be used to create thought provoking imagery. This means that whatever industry your company is associated in, and whatever the design style, or branding, you can create thought provoking imagery to match.
What are the important considerations for this type of design?
Some of the things to consider when thinking about thought provoking imagery include:
- The message- for thought provoking imagery, your message can be left as ambiguous. However, if this is an important part of your company branding, it will be important for the message to be clear. As a result, you will need to tailor the style and design of the imagery to match your intentions.
- The art style- for thought provoking imagery you can successfully merge different art styles together to create the right type of effect. For example, some companies use real imagery and photography paired with illustrated or animated features overlaid. Alternatively, some companies use illustrated design merged with typography styles for a thought provoking impact.
For more information or advice about professional web design and marketing information get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.