When it comes to your company website and online presence, you will most likely be looking to increase your sales or sign ups, to help your business grow. The web design itself can play a crucial role in this, with some web design techniques performing much more impressively than others, in relation to different industries. So whether you run an e-commerce website, or your website is useful to drum up business for the service you provide, the style and design of the website is crucial. Minimalist web design is one of the most successful options. But what is this, and how can minimalist web design help to increase sales? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design and web marketing experts. We work with companies and businesses across the North West, from Southport to Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to how minimalist web design can be used effectively to increase sales.
What does minimalist web design look like?
So what exactly is minimalist web design? And what are the key features of a minimalist website? Well, there are several, including:
- Whitespace- one of the most influential aspects of any minimalist website is the amount of negative space, or whitespace. This is space around and between elements that is blank and empty. In minimalist web design, this is incredibly beneficial as it means that each individual feature stands out and grabs attention.
- Visual design- why type it, when you can show it? That’s the motto of many minimalist advocates. So instead of using lots of text heavy content on the website, videos and images will be more more prevalent.
- Call to action- as part of minimalist design, the call to action button and feature will be a key part of the web design. This is because it is the central purpose of the website itself, and so will need to be shown off as such.
How can minimalist web design increase sales?
So, how can you expect minimalist web design to increase sales? Well, it’s more straightforward than you might think
- Minimalist web design focuses attention on one thing at a time. Users don’t like clutter, or too many options. So by providing a minimalist design, you are already meeting these needs, and removing potential obstacles. Because your users can focus on one aspect at a time, they are more likely to pay full attention, feeling the full force of your persuasive charms.
- Minimalist websites focus on the important aspects first. So not only are features presented one at a time in minimalist web design, but also, only the most important elements are shown. A key part of minimalist design is removing all the unnecessary clutter. This means that for users looking to find specific or key information, it is easy and obvious to find. This makes for a more positive user experience, which in turn, can lead to more sales and more sign ups.
- Minimalist web design can build trust. Because minimalist design is a professional and stylish design choice, minimalist websites can actually help to build consumer trust. This is a key step in the consumer relationship and once you have trust, you can then think about sales.
For more information about professional web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.