When it comes to your company or business website, no page is more important than the landing page. This is the page you are hoping your visitors will land on first organically, and it is the page that will be linked to any of your advertisements or social media profiles. This means that finding the right balance and blend for your landing page is crucial for securing the right results for your business. Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design and web marketing experts. And we work with companies and businesses across the North West. We deliver a range of web design and web marketing services, of the highest quality. As a result, we have produced this guide to the necessities for your website landing page.
The landing page
The landing page has a couple of different roles to fill. Which means that you will need to pay attention to the different features and elements of the landing page itself. These roles include:
- grabbing attention of the website user or potential customer
- informing the user about the products or services you are offering
- set the tone for the company branding and persona
- make a good impression to keep potential customers on your website, instead of turning them away
- providing easy access to other website pages with a simple navigation option and search option
With all these roles to fill, it’s no surprise that there are a variety of essential components to include for any landing page.
Necessities for your website landing page
So, the necessities for your website landing page include:
- Above the fold visuals- Whether you opt for a hero image, a video, or a hero slider, whatever you choose to put above the fold on your landing page, needs to be something very visual and eye-catching. This will help to grab attention. It should also be something relevant to your company or the services or products you provide. This will give website users an immediate understanding.
- The Call to Action- Once you have the customers attention, you need to direct them through the purchasing or signing up experience. The best way to do this is by using a Call to Action button, which is eye-catching and will encourage viewers to click. Again, this needs to be above the fold so that your viewers can find it immediately.
- Typography- website users need to be informed about what you can offer. A video is a great visual aid for this, but text will be important too. Using good typography can help your landing page make a lasting impression. However, you need to make sure that it is easy to read on all screen sizes and resolutions, to make the most out of this feature.
Well designed landing pages can help to increase your sales and sign ups, and help your company grow. For more information or advice about web design and landing pages get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.