Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts, and we provide high quality, effective, web design solutions for a range of local companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area. This includes Blackburn and Stockport. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the necessary design features for an effective landing page.
What is the landing page?
The landing page is the first page that your website users will land on when clicking through to your website from a search engine, ad, or social media profile. This used to be known as the home page, but specific landing pages can be designed for different purposes. In general, this is the most important page on your website, and good design can be crucial for securing the right results for your business.
A landing page has a couple of different roles to fill. Which means that you will need to pay attention to the different features and elements of the landing page itself. These roles include:
- grabbing attention of the website user or potential customer
- informing the user about the products or services you are offering
- set the tone for the company branding and persona
- make a good impression to keep potential customers on your website, instead of turning them away
- providing easy access to other website pages with a simple navigation option and search option
With all these roles to fill, it’s no surprise that there are a variety of essential components to include for any landing page.
What are the most important web design necessities for your landing page?
So, the necessities for your website landing page include:
- Above the fold visuals- Whether you opt for a hero image, a video, or a hero slider, whatever you choose to put above the fold on your landing page, needs to be something very visual and eye-catching. This will help to grab attention. It should also be something relevant to your company or the services or products you provide. This will give website users an immediate understanding.
- The Call to Action- Once you have the customers attention, you need to direct them through the purchasing or signing up experience. The best way to do this is by using a Call to Action button, which is eye-catching and will encourage viewers to click. Again, this needs to be above the fold so that your viewers can find it immediately.
- Typography- website users need to be informed about what you can offer. A video is a great visual aid for this, but text will be important too. Using good typography can help your landing page make a lasting impression. However, you need to make sure that it is easy to read on all screen sizes and resolutions, to make the most out of this feature.
Well designed landing pages can help to increase your sales and sign ups, and help your company grow. For more information or advice about web design and landing pages get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.