Before you launch your new website, and the associated company branding, it’s important to make sure you get everything right. Once your website is up and running, any potential customers landing on your page will make instant judgments about not only your website, but also your company as a whole. And if you don’t create the best possible first impression, you could lose customers, sales and sign ups in just your first day. So what do you need to consider before your website launch? And which tasks are important for a pre-launch web design checklist? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. And this is our guide to everything you should include on a pre-launch checklist.
What is a pre-launch web design checklist?
A pre-launch website checklist is a task list involving all the important things that need to be completed and checked over, before you launch your website. This is essential for a number of reasons, including:
- Keeping your whole team involved in the process- a pre-launch checklist can work across departments to keep everyone on task, and make sure that all the necessary jobs are completed fully and to a high standard.
- Never missing a key detail- with so many different things to stay on top off before you launch your website for the first time, it can be easy to miss minor details. But these minor details can be more important than you might think, and getting the small things right is just as important as the big steps.
What should you include as part of a pre-launch web design checklist?
Your web design checklist for pre-launch tasks should include:
- Full functionality test- you might think that this should be obvious, but when you have already checked your menus, buttons and navigation bars it can be easy to overlook a full final functionality test. However, the functionality is incredibly important for your users, who want to get things done. So make sure this is tested, even multiple times, before you launch.
- Responsive design- if you have final changes to make to navigation bars, or imagery, you should be sure to re-run your responsive design test before launch. Too many companies overlook this step, and this results in a negative user experience for potential customers, and this can lead to users developing a negative opinion of your company overall.
- Content test- the content on your website is an important part of the overall result. Make sure you double check any written content, as typos and spelling mistakes can lead to your company appearing unprofessional. You should also be sure that your content is original and unique, as well as informative and well written. After all, this is where your users will find the information they need about your company, your products or services, and contact information.
- Optimization- web design optimization includes image optimization, as well as content and video optimization. You should make sure that your website is fully optimized, to ensure a positive ranking result in the SERP, as soon as possible.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.