While you might think it’s too early to be thinking about Christmas and the holiday season just yet, your potential customers or clients are already buying presents and making plans. And with 2020 being the year from hell so far, it seems more people are looking for the Christmas spirit. As a result, you should be thinking about preparing your website for the holiday season. But what does this involve? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. That’s why we create stunning web design solutions, for businesses and companies across the North West. This includes Southport and Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about planning and updating your website for the holiday season.
What are the different options for preparing your website for the holiday season?
There are a number of different options to consider when preparing your website for Christmas sales and the holiday season. These options include:
- Technical improvements
- Design features and changes
Technical web site improvements in time for Christmas
If you want your website to be a success this Christmas, it pays to put the work in early and make some technical improvements. These should include:
- Improving website load speed- the time it takes your website to load, from when the user first clicks though to your site, is known as the load speed. To give your potential customers and clients the best possible impression of your company, this loading time needs to be as close to instant as possible. There are a couple of ways to improve this, including optimizing and compressing images, and changing the loading order for website.
- Improving mobile web design- responsive design is key for an effect mobile website. Making sure that your design is fully responsive should be a top priority in the run up to seasonal sales and sign ups, as this can dramatically improve your success with mobile website users. Making these changes now, will pay dividends in the future.
Design features and changes for the holiday period
There are also some design changes you might need to consider implementing in time for the holiday season. These include:
- Adding discount or offer banner advertisements- now is the perfect time to start ramping up your marketing efforts in order to increase sales over the festive period. Banner advertisements can be a great way to offer discounts on products or services, and increase the number of people signing up to your email list at the same time. Not only can this have an instant effect on sales, but in the long term, your direct marketing can then also reach more people too.
- Using relevant imagery- festive imagery can also be a good touch for your website, especially above the fold. This can remind your website users about the encroaching holiday and as a result, increase sales and sign ups.
For more information or for professional web design for your company, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.