For any company to be successful online, a professional website, and an active social media presence, are only the first basic steps. Potential customers are more motivated to buy or sign up, because of what other customers and clients have to say, than they are by anything they might read on your website. This is why reviews and testimonials are so essential. But there are other types of user generated content that can be included as part of your website design, to increase the success of your website. But what exactly do these include, and what do you need to know about user generated content and web design? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we build websites specifically tailored to the requirements of companies and businesses across Manchester and the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley. We provide the perfect web design solutions for clients in all areas of business and industry. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about user generated content.
What is user generated content?
User generated content is content that is created by your previous customer or client base, and can include:
- Product/service reviews
- Customer images and videos
- Social media content including posts/images and tweets
But how can this be included as part of your web design?
Adding user generated content to web design
User generated content is something that is incredibly useful to any social media marketing campaign, as this can increase engagement and reach, through user interaction and participation. But you can also use this as part of your web design, by including:
- Testimonial or review sections- you can add client testimonials to your home or landing page, as well as each product or service page. This will help your potential customers develop trust with your company, and be more inclined to buy or sign up as a result. Video testimonials can have the biggest positive impact, because of the human connection. You can add this to your website by directly uploading content, or by linking to reviews on your social media platforms or third party companies like TrustPilot.
- Social media links- by linking recent, related social media posts to your website, you can show off your active social media community, while also adding user generated content to your website.
- Comments- for blogs and articles, or video blogs, designed to increase engagement, why not include a comments section? As although this can need moderating, it does show how effective your content is at raising engagement levels, and can be a really useful tool for generating user interest and building a community.
Considerations for user generated content and web design
To make sure that your user generated content is effective, and reaches the targets you have set, you should consider:
- Moderating the content- ideally, everyone who participates in your user generated content marketing system should be posting relevant and useful content. However, this will need to be moderated to keep the image of your company professional.
- Generating the content- your users need to be quite active to keep on generating content for your company, so you will need to find a marketing system that really works for your companies needs and requirements.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.